The Faculty Fellow Program at Connecticut College is organized by the Committee on The Integration of Academics and Athletics and seeks to support the College’s understanding of intercollegiate athletics as a core part of the Connecticut College educational mission.
Faculty members volunteer to partner with varsity athletic teams in a casual and supportive way. In addition to attending competitions when possible, Faculty Fellows periodically join team members for meals, attend team functions, or even attend practice!
There are several objectives for this program:
- To enhance connections between student-athletes and faculty members by providing additional mentoring for student-athletes, particularly with management of academic responsibilities and communication with professors.
- To connect academic and athletic faculty members and promote an understanding of their respective challenges, responsibilities, and approaches to teaching and working with students.
- To support the academic mission of the college while also increasing understanding of the ways in which intercollegiate athletics enhances the educational mission of the College.
- To strengthen the relationships between student-athletes, professors, and coaches beyond the classroom and athletic venues.
The list of current Faculty Fellows and their teams can be found below:
- Men’s Ice Hockey: Cathy Stock
- Men’s Soccer: Noel Garrett
- Women's Soccer: Julia Kushigian
- Volleyball: Stanton Ching
- Women’s Cross Country: Page Owen
- Women's Lacrosse: Jillian Marshall